Mar 21, 2014

One Room Challenge Linking Party and a Birthday Shout Out

Hooray, it's Friday! What's everyone up to this weekend? I'll be in class all day Saturday (AutoCAD) and all day Sunday (Kitchen Planning & Renovation). But don't feel sorry for me because I have ALL OF NEXT WEEK OFF WORK! Finally, I can get started on my list of house projects. It will also be nice to sleep in, catch up on stacks of unread decor magazines, write more blog posts, catch up with friends, and get a chance to be outside while the sun is up as opposed to being cooped up in an office all day (especially now that the sun is finally starting to make an appearance again). Maybe I'll get a little shopping done, and I'm long overdue for a haircut and a mani-pedi. Ahh, staycation, I love you! Not as much as I love sipping cocktails on a warm, sunny beach, but c'est la vie.   

Speaking of that list of house projects...have you heard of the One Room Challenge? It's an event created by Linda of Calling it Home, where a group of design bloggers each transform one room in their home (or their client's home) over a 6 week period, blogging weekly on the progress they've made. In the most recent round of the ORC, Linda set up a linking party so that anyone who wanted to participate could join in on the action. She's hosting the linking party again this time around and I plan on taking part. It officially starts on April 3rd - to follow along with me and all the other participants, look for the ORC logo on my blog, which I'll be posting on my sidebar as a link before the challenge starts.    



In other, more important news, today is my brother's birthday! Happy birthday, Matt! My brother is an extremely skilled guitar player and song composer and plays in a band called Burning The Day. Here's a picture of my bro and his boy, Stan. I'm so proud of my brother, and I love him so much.  I don't tell him that enough. Cheers to you, bro! 



Wishing you all a fantastic weekend! 


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the mention. I am so happy you are jumping in this round. Happy B-day to your Bro!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited to be a participant! I just hope I'm able to set up my posts properly! :)

      Delete